What makes someone a Facebook Ads expert, and is it worth hiring one in 2020? We looked into the pros and cons.
If you are looking at Facebook Ads as a way to expand your reach and improve your conversion rate, hiring a Facebook Ads expert may be worthwhile.
But is it worth hiring one in 2020? In this article, we’ll look at the pros and cons and what an expert can do for your paid social strategy.
What is a Facebook Ads expert?
A Facebook Ads expert is someone who has years of practical experience using Facebook Ads. They are also a precious commodity. They can complete numerous tasks, such as:
- Writing copy
- Creating graphics
- Generating leads and sales
- Collaborate with your marketing team to ensure consistent branding across all paid programs
- Create squeeze pages and lead gen forms
- Testing and continuous monitoring of results of ads
- Reporting results of Facebook ad campaigns
- Manage the strategy of paid campaigns
- Measure and optimise the campaign using marketing analytics tools such as Facebook Pixel
How can an expert help?
The debate is whether you should hire a Facebook Ads expert rather than trying to do it yourself. There are numerous reasons to use a Facebook Ads expert and how an expert can be invaluable:
1. They can target your advertising
There are many targeting options, including location, demographics, age. You can create lookalike audiences, custom audiences, and layer your targeting options to take advantage of what Facebook Ads can give you.
An expert will know which targeting options work for each industry.
2. You can leverage remarketing
Remarketing can help you improve your ROI significantly. By targeting people who have visited your website, or engaged with you in some small way may require more exposure to your brand before they buy, which can be done by tagging website visitors with a cookie.
A Facebook Ads expert can set this up, even if you don’t know how. They’ll know what generally works and can fine-tune your remarketing lists to maximise your ROI.
As Facebook doesn’t want their users to become frustrated with incessant or inappropriate ads, it proves challenging to write a Facebook ad that will get approved and can waste time or could get the account flagged. Hiring someone who knows the intricate rules and regulations will make the job a lot easier.
4. Best practices
Getting to grips with Facebook Ads via an expert requires you to indulge in some best practices to find the right person or people. Here some steps you can take:
- Share your goals and budget: after finding the right person, you need to be clear on your goals and budget. While an expert can help you set goals according to their experience, the primary goals should be set by you.
- Review the plan: as they understand Facebook advertising much better than you, let them review your marketing strategy and work out the details based on your input, so you are on board with all decisions.
- Set the plan in motion: The first couple of weeks of your campaign will be a steep learning curve where you will get to grips with who does and doesn’t engage with your business.
- Monitor the results and make adjustments: a Facebook Ads expert will be able to show you the results and make the alterations your ads need. If your ads aren’t performing well, monitoring progress is something you can do over time, and having a working relationship with a Facebook ad expert can take the edge off that.
Criteria to look out for
Finding the right person comprises of a handful of key components:
While there are many ways to hire someone, ensuring you find someone who understands Facebook advertising is crucial. Be sure to perform due diligence when it comes to the credentials of prospective candidates.
This can mean scouring freelancer marketplaces, but with the more popular freelance sites, there can be a lack of experience or vetting. Adzooma Marketplace can link you up to social media experts with the required experience.
Examples of their work
When you find the right person, ask to see past portfolios and the results they have achieved in working for other clients. The person you hire must understand your audience and tone of voice, but this is where you may choose to be detailed in how you describe the project when posting on marketplaces.
Ad consultants can charge as little as £250 per month, but some go up to £10,000 or more per month! While there is a big difference in cost, you need to factor in a few variables. Most charges are based on things like:
- The complexity of the project
- The budget
- The ROI from the consultant
If you add into the mix that you’re maybe spending money on Facebook marketing already, getting an expert will cost you extra will be difficult, especially if you have a low budget. The more offered services they provide, based upon your budget, you should be able to see a significant ROI, but it all depends on the results they net.
As a small business owner, there is a risk of losing money if you don’t know how to use Facebook Ads. They are complicated and intricate, and hiring someone to monitor the proceedings will help them perform at the best level. An expert can be invaluable, especially when you have a business to run.