Try these ten free CRO Tools to help you convert visitors to leads in 2020, featuring the likes of Hotjar and Google Analytics.
There are plenty of CRO (conversion rate optimization) tools on the market but many of them are paid. Of course, you’ll get all the premium features but it’s no good if you just want to try before you buy. Or perhaps you have a low budget for software (or no budget at all).
So we’re at hand to give you 10 free CRO tools that’ll help you boost your conversion rates in 2021.
What is CRO?
CRO stands for conversion rate optimization. Your conversion rate is the percentage of website visitors who complete a valuable action. For example, a valuable action could be buying a product, filling in an online form, or subscribing to a service. Conversion rate optimization is the process of improving your content and website to increase your conversions.
Example: you have 10,000 website visitors in a month and 7,000 email sign-ups. Your conversation rate would then be 7,000 ÷ 10,000 = 0.7 or 70%.
What can a CRO tool do?
CRO tools offer a range of useful features such as:
- Generalised page optimisation
- Access to page speed data
- Monitoring user behaviour
- Survey and form building
- Landing page building
- User analytics
- AI chat capabilities
- Split testing
Many of the best premium tools offer all of them while others focus on certain areas of CRO. Our list of free tools will show a mix of these features.
Why do you need a CRO tool?
Online marketing will bring users to your site, but this is of little use if visitors are not converting. With a CRO tool, you have access to data that you can use to enhance user experience. CRO analytics can identify issues like why so many users abandon their shopping carts, or why your bounce rate is so high on PPC landing pages.
Adzooma is no stranger to offering free tools so enjoy our list and get high-performing solutions without the price tag.
Founded by Larry Kim, MobileMonkey is a Messenger marketing platform that helps companies connect with potential leads through the use of its chatbots. The software then nurtures and convert leads. Messenger is used by over 1.3 billion people around the world, making MobileMonkey a lucrative and easy way to build chatbots and automate your Facebook marketing strategy without writing a line of code.
- Optimized service: MobileMonkey uses Messenger-based chatbots to deliver your customers a fast and convenient service 24/7.
- Extend reach: You can utilize the popularity of mobile devices and social media to extend your reach.
- No coding: Create AI chatbots with ease and without no coding required. It’s the perfect platform for small businesses and marketers to boost their conversion rates.
Hotjar is a CRO tool that analyses user behaviour and gives feedback in the form of heatmaps, surveys, and session recordings. These analyses help businesses to gauge deeper understandings of their site users and pinpoint where improvements should be made.
- Analyze web visitors: Hotjar lets you deploy testing and identify the stages of the funnel that are losing your conversions.
- View user behaviour: Hotjar provides a full picture of where your users scroll, tap, click and linger. Combined with Google Analytics, site owners gain great knowledge of their sites
- Heatmaps: Hotjar is best known for its heatmaps which are graphical representations of data using colour to depict site interactions.
Hotjar also deploys feedback and analysis using session recordings to help improve your conversion funnels.
TypeForm is a platform where individuals and businesses can create and manage forms and surveys. It does this by removing the challenge of obtaining feedback with more engaging forms. With Typeform, the average completion rate of its forms is 57%.
- Customized forms: Create the forms you need including opinion scales, multiple choice questions, and rating scales.
- Free API: This feature lets you integrate your forms with the other applications to automate your processes.
- Logic Jumps (available in paid subscriptions): use the Typeform tools in unison with your very own survey logic. Logic Jumps allow you to respond to people’s answers.
With the free plan, you also get templates, reports and metrics, and the ability to embed your typeform.
SurveySparrow is another survey platform, allowing brands to collect answers and opinions, and transform insights into actionable data. That user feedback contributes to boosting conversion rates as businesses enhance their website.
- Subaccounts & multiple users: You can manage multiple accounts, for different teams in your company under one single parent account.
- Multi-language surveys: SurveySparrow allows you to collect feedback from around the globe, in any language, using multilingual surveys.
- Visual workflows: Automate actions based on the survey triggers. When responses clock-in, set conditions and perform tasks. Configure once and forget.
With SurveySparrow, businesses can gain top insights and supercharge their CRO.
When it comes to free CRO tools, you can’t get much better than Crazy Egg. It’s a top website optimization platform, used to monitor user behaviour.
- Heat mapping: You can see where your customers are clicking, and discover which parts of your site are performing the best.
- Origin tracker: Gain insights about where your users have landed from and whether that needs to improve.
- Interactive analytics: Instead of reports, you can view your analytics with a fully interactive and intuitive UI.
Crazy Egg boasts a range of other appealing features including design testing, CRM (customer relationship management), A/B split testing tools, and scroll maps.
Unbounce is a drag-and-drop landing page builder for individuals and businesses. The platform allows users to design, test and publish landing pages in a quicker, more efficient way. Your company can improve marketing, increase leads and enhance your connection with customers.
- Unlimited testing: There’s no limit to the pages you can create and test with this CRO tool.
- Design assistance: Unbounce comes with a wide range of different design templates to assist you with your web pages.
- Client management: You can organize leads and manage your clients.
Regardless of your business size, Unbounce makes things simple with easy management, the ability to set permissions for each user and replicate the success of your best-performing landing pages between different accounts.
WebWave’s free website builder allows you to create amazing websites effortlessly with their drag and drop tool.
- RWD – responsive website: You can precisely tell how a user will see your website on a computer, tablet and mobile phone.
- Animations: You have full control over animation, its direction and duration. You can add animations to every element of your website and present it in unique ways.
- Image feature: WebWave offers a range of image features, including parallax effect, ken burns effect, free stock photos, and dynamic elements size and alignment.
Their range of features gives you a range of possibilities when creating your website.
GTMetrix analyses the performance and speed of your page plus offers valuable advice on how to make improvements. For WordPress users, you may recognise GTmetrix as a free plugin to optimise your site’s page speed.
- Advanced testing: GTMetrix allows you to test your website at different connection speeds, in various countries and on a range of browsers. You also get a score based on Google PageSpeed Insights and YSlow metrics.
- Page insights: GT Metrix tells you why your page is slow, so you can make changes accordingly.
- Different devices: you can see how your site loads depending on which device is being used.
Speed is an important factor in CRO so a tool like GTMetrix is worth using.
PageSpeed Insights offers data on the speed and performance of your web pages.
- Suggestions: the software offers suggestions to help you improve speed and performance.
- Performance score: with a performance score, individuals can track the performance of their site, and aim to boost that score.
- Classification: find out if your site is deemed slow, moderate or fast.
If you don’t use GTMetrix, it’s essential you at least use PageSpeed Insights. It’s a valuable tool for CRO and all aspects of online marketing.
10. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is the most popular analytics platform out there, it’s also one of the best free CRO tools. This Google software tool summarises data and utilizes several funnel visualization methods.
- Top analytics: analysing data is imperative to marketing optimisation, so let Google do what it does best!
- Advanced reporting: Google lets you know the who, how, and what of your audience, in detail.
- Budget allocation: Google separates your working site practices, from those that are not working. Using this data you can improve budget allocation.
Google Analytics is one of the main CRO tools you need in your arsenal. It gives you important insights into how your users operate and the data you obtain can be used in other tools via its dedicated API.
Slash the time it takes to run more profitable paid ad campaigns.
Adzooma is your FREE virtual assistant. Just connect all of your Google, Facebook, and Microsoft ad accounts then manage and optimise them from a single platform.
Apply automatically generated suggestions to optimise your campaigns with a single click. Use clever automation to do away with routine, time-consuming tasks. Run easy-to-understand reports at the click of a button.Sign Up Now